Minimising packaging is our biggest ongoing challenge but we reduce waste wherever we can and use a mix of recycled and recyclable materials for our packaging.
Listed below are some of the things we've achieved in this area:
- Laundry boxes are 95% recycled
- Auto dish-tablet boxes are 85% recycled (some virgin material is needed for strength)
- ecostore bottles are made from HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) code 2 for recycling
- The screw-top plastic lids on some of our bulk containers are Polypropylene - code 5 for recycling (Lids have to be tougher to withstand pressure needed to tighten them)
- We’re testing ways to use post-consumer recycled plastic in our bottles
- Our polypropylene labels are printed on a clear polyester backing which is fully recyclable and doesn't need to be removed for recycling. Using clear backing and labels also reduces the amount of printing inks and dyes required
- Water-based adhesive is used to apply our labels
- We offer refills and bulk sizes in many of our product lines to help reduce packaging and cost
- We'll soon be removing the plastic bag inside our Laundry Powder boxes.
- The handy measuring scoops inside our laundry powder boxes are made from 100% post-consumer regrind plastic. Providing a scoop also helps customers to use the exact amount required and helps prevent product waste
- The plastic trigger spray used on our spray cleaner bottles has no metal parts making it fully recyclable